router(config)#logging rate-limit 500 except 3
- Log transmission is limited to 500 messages per minute, except for the emergency log level only.
- Log transmission is limited to 500 messages per second, except for log levels 3 only.
- Log transmission is limited to 500 messages per second, except for the error log level through the emergency log level.
- Log transmission is limited to 500 messages per minute, except for the error log level only.
- Log transmission is limited to 500 messages per second, except for the emergency log level only.
- See Answer
logging rate-limit command
This command allows you to rate limit the number of logs generated on the device. It is very effective in an environment where a large amount of logs are generated, and the effect on the CPU load of the router can be mitigated. In addition, since it is possible to reduce the number of logs sent to the Syslog server as in this case, it is possible to secure the bandwidth of the network environment.
Router(config)#logging rate-limit ? <1-10000> Messages per second all Rate limit all messages, including debug messages console Rate limit only console messages
[all / console] allows you to choose whether to apply the limit to all logs or to the logs on the console.
Option except [severity]
“Except” also allows you to limit the log level. Log levels above the entered level will also be restricted and logs will not be sent / generated.
Since “3” is selected this time, the emergency level is restricted from the error level and it is not sent to Syslog.
* In the output below, the numbers are not arranged in order, but the smaller the number, the more dangerous the log.
Router(config)#logging rate-limit 500 except ? <0-7> Logging severity level alerts Immediate action needed (severity=1) critical Critical conditions (severity=2) debugging Debugging messages (severity=7) emergencies System is unusable (severity=0) errors Error conditions (severity=3) informational Informational messages (severity=6) notifications Normal but significant conditions (severity=5) warnings Warning conditions (severity=4) <cr>
＜reference＞ (Cisco doc)System Message Logging