router(config)#logging rate-limit 500 except 3
- Log submissions are limited to 500 per minute, and only the efficiency log level is not sent.
- Log submissions are limited to 500 per second and only log level 3 is not sent.
- Log submissions are limited to 500 per second and are not sent from the emergeency log level to the error log level.
- Log submissions are limited to 500 per minute and error log levels are not sent.
- Log submissions are limited to 500 per second, and only the efficiency log level is not sent.
- See answers
Giving rate-limit command
This command can rate-limit the number of logs generated on the device. It is very effective in environments where large amounts of logs are generated, and the impact on the CPU load of the router can be mitigated. In addition, since it is possible to reduce the number of log transmissions to the Syslog server as in this time, it is possible to secure bandwidth in the [all / console]network environment.
you can choose to adapt the restrictions to all logs or to the logs on the console.
Router(config)#logging rate-limit ? <1-10000> Messages per second all Rate limit all messages, including debug messages console Rate limit only console messages</1-10000>
Optional features except [severity]
Except also allows you to limit the log level. Log levels higher than the level entered are also limited and logs are no longer sent/generated.
This time, “3” is selected, so the error level is limited to the emergecy level and is not sent to Syslog.
※ The following output is not arranged in order of numbers, but the smaller the number, the more dangerous the log.
Router(config)#logging rate-limit 500 except ?<0-7> Logging severity level alerts Immediate action needed (severity=1) critical Critical conditions (severity=2) debugging Debugging messages (severity=7) emergencies System is unusable (severity=0) errors Error conditions (severity=3) informational Informational messages (severity=6) notifications Normal but significant conditions (severity=5) warnings Warning conditions (severity=4)<cr></0-7>
<参考> (Cisco doc) System Message Gging